Advice for Postoperative Period in Hair TransplantsOctober 5, 2018
The hair transplant procedure is a sophisticated kind of plastic & cosmetic surgeries that require an extreme precision, skills, and understanding in order to offer the best aesthetic output. On the other hand, the procedure is a simple surgical, but a comprehensive artistic challenge that needs the balance and sense towards each and every step to put the natural effect. Even though the procedure of hair transplant is surgical, but the incision and sutures are only performed on the skin itself rather than the muscle or tissue cut. However, it is different from other surgical operation. The hair transplant cost in Delhi offers you a class of choice where you can get the best deal and plan of the procedure at an affordable cost.
Since the procedure of hair transplant is always recommended to those patients who are experiencing the pattern baldness or the Androgenic alopecia as it gives the best permanent results by implanting the DHT-resistant hair roots. Thus, the procedure is only allowed to receive from the best surgeon who is skilled and well-versed in the aesthetic as well as the surgical part of the surgery.
In this article, we are mentioning the cases, when you need to take advice from your surgeon as the complications can be seen in the following ways:-
- Swelling: – Swelling after the surgery is very common as the surgical procedure involves some tension due to the incision or wound that goes down naturally within 3-4 days of the surgery. The swelling after the procedure can also occur due to the implantation of new grafts in the scalp that made punctures as the graft needs space and makes pressure on the soft facial skin results in swelling of the face after the procedure. Anti-swelling medicines are allowed after the hair transplant procedure.
- Pain: – Pain after the hair transplant procedure is as common as any surgical operation, but here the extent of pain is very minimal and are bearable. Yet, the surgeon uses the local anaesthesia to minimize the effect of pain tills zero level. But, in some cases, the painkillers are advised to the patients that are needed to continue for the next 3-4 days after the surgery.
- Itching: – Itching occurs due to the formation of scabs on the scalp areas where grafts are implanted. It is a very natural process which only goes with the shampooing. However, the proper head-wash after the surgery for the next 15 days is advised regularly. The shampooing removes the scabs and gives space to the hair follicles to grow.
- The Reddish Marks: – Discoloration of skin with the appearance of the reddish marks is very common after the hair transplant procedure. The reddish marks on the facial skin following the procedure occur normally as an effect of the surgery that goes by itself in about 10-14 days.
Also Read – How to Prevent Skin Rashes in Summer
What is recommended by the Surgeon after the Hair Transplant Procedure?
- Must wear a cap after the procedure in order to avoid the direct sunlight and dust after the procedure that causes the scab formation.
- Since sedatives are given following the procedure hence it is advisable that don’t drive on the day of the surgery. It is good to have someone to drive you home after the procedure.
- Some medications are prescribed after the procedure, i.e., the antibiotics, painkillers, anti-inflammation, and anti-itching.
- Regular head-wash is needed for the next 15 days after the hair transplant surgery.
In the nutshell, we can say that the procedure of hair transplant needs some postoperative care in order to get the best results as everyone wants to have a hassle-free, infection-free and a result-oriented hair transplant surgery.